Affordable, quality dentistry
served with a smile!
Root Canal Treatment Near Albert North
A healthy smile comes from good dental care. Tooth infections are very common in both children and adults. Poor oral hygiene, avoiding dental visits, heavy consumption of sugary foods, and so on can increase the chances of tooth infections. The problem arises when an infected tooth is left untreated. Toothaches are usually ignored by most people but prolonged toothache can be a sign of an infected dental pulp. When the dental pulp is infected, it needs root canal treatment. At Crystal Dental Clinic near Albert North, we provide specialised root canal treatment. Our patient-centric approach allows us to deliver excellent dental care to all patients. We will guide you through each step of the procedure. Right from the first consultation to the final visit, we are always available to answer all your queries and doubts. Here is everything you need to know about root canal treatment!
5 Signs That Tell You Might Need Root Canal Treatment
- Severe pain that does not go away even after regular medication.
- Unbearable toothache while biting or chewing.
- Visible swelling on the face.
- Prolonged sensitivity to hot or cold food and drink items.
- Pimple-like sores on the gums.
- Deep tooth decay.
What is root canal treatment?Root canal treatment is a procedure wherein the damaged inside of a tooth is repaired. A root canal treatment is carried out when the dental pulp is infected and the bacteria is starting to multiply leading to more decay.
Here are the steps followed for root canal treatment -
- The first examination and consultation will determine whether you need a root canal treatment or not. The dentist will check the tooth condition in detail to assess the damage and severity of the decay. Dental X-rays might be used at this stage to examine the inside of the dental canals.
- In the next step, the dentist will disinfect the bacteria for the process to start. In order to protect the tooth from further bacterial damage, antibacterial medication is used to seal the infected tooth.
- The decayed nerve and the pulp are removed from the inside of the tooth. In this step, local anaesthesia is used to numb the area being treated. Once the tooth pulp is cleaned, the canal is cleaned and disinfected.
- Once the decayed part is removed completely, the vacant canal space is filled with a sterile substance. In some cases, small support is also added to the canal to strengthen the tooth.
- Lastly, the dentist will recommend that a crown be placed on the root canal-treated tooth. However, the same is not necessary for all cases.
FAQsIs getting a root canal painful? The local anaesthesia used during the procedure numbs the area being treated, making the overall procedure quite comfortable. How long does the root canal treatment take? The treatment may be completed in one sitting or might even take 1-3 sittings. Each sitting might take anywhere between 30 minutes to 90 minutes. What after-care do I need to follow post root canal treatment? You might experience mild soreness because the anaesthesia will wear off. The discomfort will go away in three to four days. During this time, make sure to eat only soft foods. Avoid eating or drinking anything too hot or cold. See to it that you take the medication prescribed by the dentist, if any. Contact us today to know more about root canal treatment at Crystal Dental Clinic near Albert North.